A late session of StumblingUpon led me to this cool photo of what seems to be the crème de la crème of nuclear, theoretical and quantum physics (originally found here, click below for larger size):
I don’t have any idea where or when this was taken, only that there are a lot of names who stirred up my memories of First Year Higher Physics. Here are some that I’ve heard of:
- E. Schrödinger: of the famous Schrödinger’s cat
- W. Heisenberg, of the Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle
- P. A. M. Dirac, of the Dirac equation
- L. V. De Broglie, of the de Broglie equation
- N. Bohr, of the Bohr atomic model
- M. Planck, of the Planck constant
- Madame Curie, as in the Marie Curie.
- H. A. Lorentz, of the Lorentz transformation etc.
- and last but not least… A. Einstein, as in Albert. Heh.
I’m too lazy to wiki the rest of them, so if you know them please let me know.
Man, how I miss fundamental physics.