I shall sum my review of Star Wars: The Clone Wars in point form since I don’t have plenty of time to blog this week. (Alert: Potential spoilers ahead)
- Wow, they scrapped off the opening crawl altogether, and used a montage to cap off what’s happening in the universe. That’s like, blasphemy, man.
- I love the cameos of Plo Koon, Kit Fisto and Luminara. They have got to be three of the coolest Jedi Knights ever.
- Ahsoka Tano is stubborn and annoying, just like someone I know. She has such an awesome lightsaber stance too.
- The Separatist’s battle droids have never been more comical. They are mind-bogglingly hilarious.
- Jedis rescueing Jabba The Hutt’s baby boy? I wonder who’s the proud mom. *shivers*
- Wait, Jabba has an uncle?! And he speaks Basic?! HOW?! WHY?!
- The first appearance of the second clone with his own name..Captain Rex!
- The animation is truly unique, echoing Genndy Tartakovsky’s run in the Cartoon Network series. It is simple, but detailed at the same time—you can see Natalie Portman’s mole on the left cheek and Ewan McGregor’s skin features.
In short: I love the movie the way I love corn chips: it’s light entertainment, and die-hard fans shouldn’t fret too much about continuity. At least it’s full of action, and doesn’t try to cram pukingly corny dialogues down our throat, like the romance scenes between Anakin and Amidala in the 2nd and 3rd movies. A must watch for non-snobbish fans!
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Why I love my girlfriend:
We were watching The Empire Strikes Back when she asked me 3 questions that stumped me:
- If Wookiees rarely leave Kashyyyk, why did Chewie leave in the first place?
- Why did they freeze Han Solo in the carbonite? Was he such a big threat to the empire?
- If Yoda was in exile, with whom did Obi-Wan learnt the Force Ghost technique?
Yeah I know it might not be that hard to some of you out there, but for me…man, a girl that can ask those kind of questions about Star Wars and had me stumped is worth my devotion.
To cap it all off, she willingly joined me in playing my Clone Wars edition of Risk after watching The Clone Wars movie. =)